Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Grand Plan

I am leaving St. Louis, Missouri on Friday, January 16th (2009). After flying through Los Angeles and Brisbane, Australia (a little out of the way), I will be stopping in Nadi, Fiji on January 18th for a couple nights. From there I will be flying to the island of Tonga(tapu) on January 20th and staying in Nuku'alofa until we leave port on January 23rd.

After a long time - some 40+ days - on the NSF research vessel named the Marcus Langseth, we will be arriving in Suva, Fiji by March 8th. I plan to take a taxi, rent a car, or take a bus from Suva (on the southeastern side of the island) to Nadi (on the western side of the island), where I will leave for Sydney, Australia on March 10th.

My plans for what I will do in Australia are not set, but I hope to spend a couple of days in Sydney, a few days in Canberra (the capital city and location of the Australian National University (ANU)) with my friend Sara, and a few days in another still-to-be-determined, interesting location. For all of you who have visited, lived in, or know about Australia, I'd love to hear suggestions! After a week in Australia, I will be flying back to Los Angeles, and then on to St. Louis on March 19th.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you will have a fun winter. I am the Third Mate that is joining the Langseth on the 21st. We should also be on the same flight from Fiji to Tonga since there is only one every two days. I have worked on the Langseth several times and if you have any questions about travelling or the ship just ask.

    ReplyDelete

Followers